Welcome to the ConnectWise Control Feature Request Portal

If you do not have an account, click "Sign in/ Sign up" to get started.

Tips

• Search for an existing improvement or feature request before adding your own. This helps us prevent duplicate entries and track all suggestions.
  • If you find a matching request, give it a thumbs up and throw in a comment.
  • If you can't find a request for an item you need, create your own request. Provide as many details as you can, especially regarding possible use cases.

Rules

• No spam, advertising, or self-promotion.
  • No offensive posts, links, or images.
  • Only one request per post.
  • Administrators have the ability to moderate the forums, including editing, deleting, and moving posts. Posts may be deleted for any reason, with or without notification.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Closed

cors 403 error page vulnerability scan

Eric Frace 7 years ago updated by swhite (Product Manager) 1 year ago 1

Tests ran through Acunetix come up with a result of 'Insecure CORS configuration' due to the issue mentioned in this post:

https://github.com/balderdashy/sails/issues/3862

I have worked with Control support, and they have confirmed that the POST is getting a 403/ forbidden error that is causing this issue. Contained in that link is an example of how the 403 error can be resolved to no longer show this vulnerability in Acunetix. Our auditors are unsatisfied with the results, so it would be great if we could get this resolved.

Closed

An easier way to setup a single user to access a single machine.

dan bendon 8 years ago updated by anonymous 8 years ago 1

An easier way to setup a single user to access a single machine, without having to setup up a session group, role & user. Or at least a way to automatically create these and hide them away to save making the site wide setting messy.

Closed

The ability to filter session groups by company

dan bendon 8 years ago updated by anonymous 8 years ago 1

A filter for session groups that uses "Company" to allow separation of machines by subsidiary or department in large deployments.

Closed

AccessTokenExpireSeconds

Antonio 8 years ago updated by rrd2 2 months ago 7

Would like to set the AccessTokenExpireSeconds so it does not expire when I create an exe. Currently does not work according to documentation.

Completed

Consent set by controlled syntax (Only these systems or by group)

RichardX720 8 years ago updated by Michael Bannerman 8 years ago 5

At the moment, I have client workstations I need to access that MUST have the consent popup however the servers should not. We have a few servers that must start up to a user account automatically for some archaic software and I am unable to log into these systems because there is no physical user ready to hit consent. If we could either apply an app.config by a group or allow "SC user John Doe" = allowwithoutconsent for systems LIKE... that would be great! Right now I must log out of my normal user and into the admin account to reach these servers.

Answer
Tim@CCS 8 years ago

You could create a session group for these "unattended machines" and grant "host without consent" permission to just that group to do exactly what you want.

Closed

Hyper-V or Server Core access

Eli Peters 8 years ago updated by anonymous 7 years ago 4

Hyper-V 2008R2 and Hyper-V 2012R2, along with Server Core installations apparently don't install MSCOREE.DLL when installing/updating .Net framework. Installation of ScreenConnectClient fails with: SFXCA: Failed to load mscoree.dll in the msiexec log. Requesting to have a workaround for installing on Hyper-V or Server Core hosts.

Closed

Ability to add entries to web.config using the Edit Web.Config AppSettings extension

Mathew Stocks 8 years ago updated by anonymous 8 years ago 1

The Edit Web.Config AppSettings extension allows you to edit existing entries, but would be good to be able to add new entries via this screen. This would allow cloud partners to configure plugins like the "Expand Thumbnail Preview Image" plugin, which requires additional config entries in the web.config file.

Answer
Steven 8 years ago

This extension provides access to the most commonly requested entries in the web.config AppSettings section. An update is in the works to provide a wider range of settings for on-premise users for settings that aren't useful in the cloud, so it should have almost all settings that are available for use that can be updated from the Web UI.

The two that are relevant for the Expand Thumbnail Preview Image extension, "GuestScreenshotMaxPixelCount" and "GuestScreenshotMaxScalePercent", are present in the extension at this time.

Completed

Remove Guest tab for Access customers

Joe Simms 8 years ago updated by anonymous 8 years ago 1

Remove the "Guest" tab at top of web page for Access only customers. This option is only available only for self-hosted systems but not cloud customers. Confusing for my customers who get access to their PCs and are presented with a page with nothing on it and have to change to "Host"

Answer
anonymous 8 years ago

We understand, and that is why in 6.0 you'll see a new UI that'll solve the issue here.

Closed

End (session) should be changed to Delete Account

ebborner 7 years ago updated by anonymous 7 years ago 2

Currently there is an option when in 'Access' to End a Session. Ending a session and ending an instance can be interpreted as one and the same. When a session is ended it actually deletes the access account from the access control panel. That is why i suggest changing the button to read 'Delete Account'.

Answer
anonymous 7 years ago

Hi ebborner,

In 6.2, we combined End, Uninstall, and the new command, Uninstall and End, in a single modal for Access sessions. We've also made a change to the End icon, so it represents the command a bit better. The changes should take care of the problem you're dealing with, if it doesn't, please let me know.

Closed

Access Installer

Patrick Hyde 8 years ago updated by anonymous 8 years ago 4

Add ability for the access installer to pop up asking for custom properties upon installing on client.