Welcome to the ConnectWise Control Bug Report Portal
If you do not have an account, click "Sign in/ Sign up" to get started.
- Search for an existing bug report before adding your own. This helps us prevent duplicate entries and improve bug tracking.
- If you find a matching bug report, give it a thumbs up and throw in a comment with more details about the problem.
- If you can't find a request for an item you need, create your own bug report. Provide as many details as you can, especially:
- Software version of the server, host client, and guest client
- Operating systems affected
- Any error messages
- No spam, advertising, or self-promotion.
- No offensive posts, links, or images.
- Only one request per post.
- Administrators have the ability to moderate the forums, including editing, deleting, and moving posts. Posts may be deleted for any reason, with or without notification.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
Seen this on an isolated machine before but since upgrading to the latest version almost every mac client we have unattended access to is doing this now. In the unattended list, the machine will display "root" as the user and there will be no thumbnail of the screen. If you try to connect it will pop up normally but just sit at a black screen. There will be a few messages sent/received but will not move past a few.
We've made a number of changes to the OS X client in the past few releases, and have not replicated the behavior in any of our Mac test environments using the latest 6.5 release of ConnectWise Control.
As such, I am marking this thread as fixed. Please update this post if you continue to experience black screen issues with the Mac client after having upgraded your server/clients to the latest 6.5 release.
Getting ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE in Chrome 63 when accessing Control hosted on a Mono system (Linux) using HTTPS. Please update Mono to support TLS 1.3. Disabling TLS 1.3 in Chrome is not a viable solution long-term and looks bad to my end users.
This issue should be resolved once users auto-upgrade to Chrome 63.0.3239.108 or above.
Server OS: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
PHP: PHP 7.0.28-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (cli) ( NTS ) Zend Engine v3.0.0 OPcache v7.0.28-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
Nginx: nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)
Using the Toolbox option via the WebGUI certain functions do not work and some are difficult to achieve.
Do not work:
- Rename - appears to be broken have tried on latest Chrome and IE 11. Tried it in the parent folder, sub folders, no rename function appears to work.
- Create new folder - Doesn't work at all. In any of the hierarchy to the Toolbox.
- Create new folder - Unable to create a new folder when the window has no "free space" to right click on. If it is a sub folder you right click it brings you to that folder. If it is a file it gives no option to create folder.
- Via SSH and navigate to the App_Data\Toolbox folder. Run all commands from there.
Currently running v 6.5.16358.6610 .
Our clients using Mac OS are clicking the 'Download App' option but the download of ScreenConnectClient.exe does not start. We have tested using Chrome and Safari and the same issue occurs.
TLS 1.3 seems to breaks screenconnect when using ssl on mono.
Disabling it in chrome/firefox seems to be a quick fix, however at some point im guessing it would be better for mono to support TLS 1.3.
When connecting to a session I get a popup that there is an update.
When trying to install the update I get this.
I manage a Hyper-V server from a laptop. I connect to the remote laptop with ConnectWise Control, then open Hyper-V, but any VM I connect to has either a completely black or grey screen. I know the Hyper-V host is working and the VMs are running without issue, and that the VMs can be viewed directly on the laptop, but I just get a blank screen on my end.
I used this extensively to setup a few VMs with version 6.4, but now that I'm on 6.6.17081.6648 it's not working. Any suggestions? I need this to work again, otherwise I'm going to have to drive 1.5 hours just to get to the server.
Remote System Diagnostics Version: 1.4
Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-119-generic x86_64)
Connectwise Version 6.6.17081.6648
When you click on refresh for any of the tabs (Events, Services, Processes, Software) you see in commands it issues the data seen below on ALL OS's and you shortly after see the commands come back from the workstation in the "command" window but the corresponding tabs only populate on Windows 2012R2 Servers and OSX Workstations.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008R2 do not populate the tabs with information, just blank!
I have tried removing ALL extensions and found the issue the same.
echo "DiagnosticType: EventLog"
echo "ContentType: xml"
$Host.UI.RawUI.BufferSize = New-Object Management.Automation.Host.Size (500, 25)
Get-EventLog Application -newest 10 | Select TimeWritten, EntryType, Source, Message | Sort TimeWritten -Descending | ConvertTo-Xml -As Stream
macOS on Mac Mini - on boot/reboot, ConnectWise Control does not autostart until at least one user logs in
Your Version: 6.5.16358.6610
Client Version: 6.5.116358.6610
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.13.4)
Installed a Build Installer via 'Copy URL' for a "Mac OS X (.pkg) file".
Needed to "Allow" the app through System Preferences.
No issues with either of these.
However, when the Mac Mini is rebooted, one must manually log into it for ConnectWise Control to start and be remotely accessible; otherwise, there is no way to remotely reach it via ConnectWise Control.
Should I reinstall?
Please let me know if you require further info.
Customer support service by UserEcho