Welcome to the ConnectWise Control Bug Report Portal
If you do not have an account, click "Sign in/ Sign up" to get started.
- Search for an existing bug report before adding your own. This helps us prevent duplicate entries and improve bug tracking.
- If you find a matching bug report, give it a thumbs up and throw in a comment with more details about the problem.
- If you can't find a request for an item you need, create your own bug report. Provide as many details as you can, especially:
- Software version of the server, host client, and guest client
- Operating systems affected
- Any error messages
- No spam, advertising, or self-promotion.
- No offensive posts, links, or images.
- Only one request per post.
- Administrators have the ability to moderate the forums, including editing, deleting, and moving posts. Posts may be deleted for any reason, with or without notification.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
Last night suddenly ScreenConnect switched to sharing my screen to myself. Every time l connect to a remote host.. it shows my screen in like ''infinity mirror'' fashion.
In the select screen it shows ''backstage'' and my username. Can't select any remote screen.
Specifically I'm using Duo however my understanding is that 2FA for all platforms on workforce client is currently non-functional again.
When users click the link for a forgotten password, about 99% of the time the outgoing email is never generated by the server. Occasionally the email does get sent, but using wireshark captures working with Connectwise support team we were able to see that in most cases it never even makes an attempt to contact the external email relay server. We've tried different external mail servers, different mailbox accounts and different recipient email addresses all with the same results. Every other type of email generated by the system seems to work with no problem - OTP emails, test emails, reports, agent installers, etc all work consistently. (We are on an older version due to CW Automate integration).
After accessing the Extensions window in a remote session and then switching over to the host machine, the host machine UI freezes up for 15-30 seconds. We have reproduced this using the Google and Bing extensions as well as the Password Boss extension. This does not seem to be connected to a particular extension. When this occurs the Control nav bar functions fine. The issue can be seen in the drop in traffic on the Messages Sent and Messages Received on the Status bar
Per this email, a new CreateHostPass permission was supposed to be added in 21.5:
Based on popular demand, we’ve added a new CreateHostPass permission in the upcoming ConnectWise Control 2021.5 stable release. Please note that to enable this feature when 2021.5 is released, you will need to add the CreateHostPass permission to your desired roles.
To add the permission:
- Navigate to the Administration > Security page.
- In the Roles section, pick a role and click Edit.
- In the left-hand column, select a session group that will have the new permission applied to it.
- Click the CreateHostPass checkbox in the right-hand column.
- Click Save Role.
However, it's not there (at lease in the self hosted version).
Any idea when this will actually make it in?
"Screen Connect is randomly not allowing agents in support to "see" the Clients screen after the client consents control to them it is remaining grey
Support Staff Currently "
"Please wait while I access your informationJake Tomecek 11:19 AMHello Keith, how can I hel you today?Jake Tomecek 11:20 AMlooks like some of our support people are seeing some issues with remote connectionsKeith Davenport 11:21 AMSent"Screen Connect is randomly not allowing agents in support to "see" the Clients screen after the client consents control to them it is remaining grey
Currently "Keith Davenport 11:21 AMSentI haven seen the issue but I dont use the support Guest section much.. all my people have clients. so this seems to be on the guest connect par tKeith Davenport 11:22 AMSentOkay so I see that you are on 21.4, this is currently a known issue with this version" Ticket: 14519425
I'm a laptop user, and often use a second monitor. Control launches onto the second monitor fine. When I unplug my second monitor, and just use laptop screen, some sessions launch beyond the display size of my laptop, ie where a second screen would be, and you cannot get to the window to move back onto the single laptop screen.
Hi Cee, thanks for contacting us. Kindly tell us what version are you on?
Meanwhile, you can fix the issue by deleting the user config c:\ProgramData\ScreenConnect Client (xxx)\user.config
Customer support service by UserEcho