Welcome to the ConnectWise Control Feature Request Portal
If you do not have an account, click "Sign in/ Sign up" to get started.
- Search for an existing improvement or feature request before adding your own. This helps us prevent duplicate entries and track all suggestions.
- If you find a matching request, give it a thumbs up and throw in a comment.
- If you can't find a request for an item you need, create your own request. Provide as many details as you can, especially regarding possible use cases.
- No spam, advertising, or self-promotion.
- No offensive posts, links, or images.
- Only one request per post.
- Administrators have the ability to moderate the forums, including editing, deleting, and moving posts. Posts may be deleted for any reason, with or without notification.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
Maybe this will overlap with something somewhere however I didn't see anything.
We have some customers that require consent for us to control the machine.
I do see there may be some ways to work around it if we use the web portal to access their stuff however using the LabTech integration I'm not exactly sure what permissions it uses.
I'd like to see that there would be the ability to make it require host consent based on additional datafield(checkbox? on a client in labtech or based on session group (we sort access sessions by organization name)
Basically most of our clients are unattended access, some require we have consent. Need to find an option that allows us all to stay within compliance.
It would be nice to have an error message pop up (sort of like the "cannot be save" message) if they "Type" field is not selected.
Ex...if a technician marks a ticket completed and the type field is not changed from "must change" or "update this", when they try to save it, it will throw up an error message telling them that the "Type" field must be changed prior to marking the ticket completed.
Partner wants to "bake in" proxy settings instead of using the tray icon on the client.
As a Mac user on the client side, it would be hugely beneficial to swap between multi-monitor host systems. Many of our host machines have 2 or 3 displays, so clicking "View->Select Monitors->Monitor" is very time consuming. A hot key, such as command+right_arrow or something along those lines would be a massive time-saver.
I'm requesting VNC integration for the situation where certain devices do not allow the loading of the SC client because the devices in question don't run a traditional OS, but support VNC connections. In our case the device is a Wyse thin client running ThinOS. The integration wouldn't be more than having the connection within the Access list, and only the basic ability to remote control. No file transfer, Toolbox, command prompt, etc. An extension for this would be great and I'm surprised there is not one already available.
Parneters would like additional options for the host pass feature. Capturing suggestions in this ticket.
1. Expand the Lifetime of the host pass or make it configurable. There are times when you'll have extended engagements with vendors and need more than a day for them to complete work.
2. For the permissions, allow the host to pick from a list of existing roles to further limit the permission of hosts using the Host Pass feature.
3. Restrict the ability to use the host pass feature based on role (role-based permission)
It would be beneficial to tie the Android app to the device better. Right now if you have dozens of devices that are all the same model number they all show up as the same name in the access list on the web. Also it is possible to connect to the same account multiple times, so if you have a lot of devices you could have duplicates, may not be easy to figure out which are which. It would be nice to make the mobile app more in line with the desktop version in that respect.
Customer support service by UserEcho