Welcome to the ConnectWise Control Feature Request Portal
If you do not have an account, click "Sign in/ Sign up" to get started.
- Search for an existing improvement or feature request before adding your own. This helps us prevent duplicate entries and track all suggestions.
- If you find a matching request, give it a thumbs up and throw in a comment.
- If you can't find a request for an item you need, create your own request. Provide as many details as you can, especially regarding possible use cases.
- No spam, advertising, or self-promotion.
- No offensive posts, links, or images.
- Only one request per post.
- Administrators have the ability to moderate the forums, including editing, deleting, and moving posts. Posts may be deleted for any reason, with or without notification.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
The Client requirements page says that xwayland may not work due to a known bug. This, however, isn't a bug. It's a security feature of wayland, not allowing apps to run wayland backend components as root.
It would be great if the screenconnect client could be made to work with policykit, so that it works under xwayland. Wayland is the current realty of fedora, and the coming reality of RHEL. This will be an increasing need.
I have had a few people ask about the possibility to have Blank Guest Input and Blank Guest Monitor enabled by default for some workstations. Two separate scenarios have been brought up to me:
- A user is granted access through the Automate portal to use Control to access their PC remotely and would like the ability for it to default "Blank Guest Monitor" and "Blank Guest Input" for their session to their workstation so anyone walking by cannot see it.
- A client has a server where the display is visible to employees and is locked until a technical resource has connected to it, in which case it could be alarming to people who do not realize it is a technical resource using the device.
Could you make it possible to give techs access to change the destination folder. Everytime I send a file to a PC, it ends up in this directory and the file is unable to launch.
"C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents\Applied Tech ScreenConnect Agent\Temp"
After it send its file, it doesnt open and I have to go move the file to a folder I can open from.
In backstage, I move xfile.exe to "C:\Documents"
Is there anyway we could modify where this sends to, it makes it really inconvenient when trying to do backstage work and I have to grab the file everytime.
It would be nice to have some built in functionality and support for High Availability scenarios. We run over 5000 unattended sessions, and when there are issues or updates that means downtime to our business.
Basic HA would be relatively easy to accomplish on Windows by utilizing Windows Failover Clustering. This would likely work already but not be officially supported.
Cross platform and active-active Clustering could be achieved by leveraging a load balancing service or system and allowing for some basic communication between cluster nodes such as service status and settings replication.
I would like to request a warning dialog on save anywhere in the Admin area that would cause the server to restart its services.
We were recently working with support and a suggestion was made to change the Database Maintenance to help reduce our database size. Upon save all the Screenconnect services restarted and the database maintenance kicked off. We have now been waiting 2+ hours to regain access to our sessions.
The Prompt user for consent feature can only be set for all sessions on a Terminal Server. We'd like to remote into the Console session without user consent and enable the prompt for user sessions by default. Also, it should be possible to disable the prompt for a specified user. This should also be configurable within LabTech.
I would like to request the ability to map custom keyboard shortcuts to the above mention functions.
I would like to be able to have the operating system/bios install date added to the report manager.
Customer support service by UserEcho