Welcome to the ConnectWise Control Feature Request Portal
If you do not have an account, click "Sign in/ Sign up" to get started.
- Search for an existing improvement or feature request before adding your own. This helps us prevent duplicate entries and track all suggestions.
- If you find a matching request, give it a thumbs up and throw in a comment.
- If you can't find a request for an item you need, create your own request. Provide as many details as you can, especially regarding possible use cases.
- No spam, advertising, or self-promotion.
- No offensive posts, links, or images.
- Only one request per post.
- Administrators have the ability to moderate the forums, including editing, deleting, and moving posts. Posts may be deleted for any reason, with or without notification.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
We have an on-premis installation and manage support for a number of clients. Some of the specific application support is however outsourced to third party consultants.
Although a pass is a workable solution, we need to give passes multiple times per day. It will be better to allow the consultants to log on to Control and provide support when necessary.
The current permission options are almost perfect for the above requirement, but the following two will assist even more:
1. Do not show the notes. Some notes are confidential.
2. Prohibit the issue of a host pass. We do not want a third party consultant to provide remote access to anyone else.
Disabling TLS 1.0 and 1.1 causes the Administrator > Status page to report "error" status on multiple checks
In an effort to make our servers more secure we have decided to disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1. We made sure to check with support before making this change so we didn't break anything. We were told to use IIS Crypto 2.0 to easily make the change.
After disabling TLS 1.0 and 1.1 our product still fully functions, except for the fact we can't see the status of multiple checks. Is it possible for that feature to work with TLS 1.2?
This isn't a security issue, the issue was that the site our status checks ping was having a problem giving an erroneous failed response. TLS and the Control instance was working as stated by the OP.
This is resolved in version 6.5. Normally tickets auto update with UE, but there was an existing ticket that predated this thread. If you're still seeing the issue ping firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our situation :
We have 3 offices in Canada (HQ, A, B)
HQ-A have MPLS link between them,
HQ-B use VPN over internet.
All location have independent internet access.
We use access session on all system in all location, but the relay is located in the HQ.
1 DNS name to the server that resolve to an external IP when out of the local infrastructure and an internal IP when inside the infrastructure.
- This way system on our internal network dont use the public internet access, it more secure, reduce the global bandwitch and load on our front end firewall.
The issue, if the inter-site link go down, the access session will not be able to connect, as the DNS will still resolve to the internal IP, resulting in disconnection.
Our need, be able to setup 2 URL for the a access session, as such when the 1st is irresponsible the client can try connecting to the second one, with a retest every X to go back to primary.
With this we could setup our client with a internal URL as primary and an external URL as secondary and still reach our system if the VPN or MPLS go down, but not the internet.
When host and guest are on the same network, establish a direct connection rather than using the relay server.
Partner would like to not use server architecture when machines are on the same LAN.
please addition fonction to disable transition animation version on 6 is to slow 900 guest and is no good for group of people excuse me my language is french , for me on click on all access and slow animation if possible to add fonction on config to disable the transition animation of you software
Customer support service by UserEcho