Issue still exists with Screenconnect 21.2.2092.7689 and Firefox 85.0.2 (64-Bit)
I'm still getting this annoying messages on 21.2.2092.7689.
Did you test the bridge extension already?
Great work - almost ;-)
I love to see this solution and after a quick look I have these suggestions:
1. You'll have to fill in and save user credentials to use/initiate an RDP connection. If you don't enter and save the logon credentials in the bridge entry a blank screenconnect window is opened and you don't have a chance to put in your credentials manually. E.g. we want to offer this to our staff to initiate an RDP connection over SC with their credentials. Do you have any idea to solve this?
2. It would be fine if the RDP resolution could fit automatically to the size of the SC window. Giving a start resolution is great but if you could change the resolution by maximizing the window and resize the resolution of the RDP session that would be a great improvement.
3. I don't know how you managed it technically. Looking at the options of mstsc.exe these options could be really very interesting to see in the RDP implementation of thebridge, too:
- /prompt - Prompts you for your credentials when you connect to the remote PC
- /multimon - Configures the Remote Desktop Services session monitor layout to be identical to the current client-side configuration.
- /span - Matches the remote desktop width and height with the
local virtual desktop, spanning across multiple monitors, if necessary.
To span across monitors, the monitors must be arranged to form a
- /f - Starts Remote Desktop in full-screen mode.
- /admin - Connects you to the session for administering a remote PC.
While working to solve this please have a look at another RDP feature request:
It is 3 years ago that I've initiated this feature request and 3 years ago that Connectwise put this on state "Started". Any news on this?
Yes - you can choose an existing RDP session in connectwise control, but like Jeremy mentioned we would like to have a feature that:
- allows you to create a new RDP session with given user credentials
- allows you to connect to the new RDP session (only to this session and no other) with connectwise control
- don't allow you to see/join RDP sessions of other users on the given machine
- option to use multiple monitors (mstsc.exe options span and/or multimon)
This is a great idea: Passwords are dead, 2fa services are the future! Please add this to control.
We're using nextcloud which supports multiple 2fa authentication options. After putting in your username and password you can choose one out of the option that is configured in the user's configuration. In this example below you have the choice at the same time between:
Just had a chat with Andrew (Control Support):
- this happens 2-3 times a week sporadically
- Relay is using port 443
- instance is running with mono
- we're using Firefox (mostly)
- next time this happens we will try to open SC with Internet Explorer
Does Chrome kills mono because of TLS 1.3? see Chrome and TLS 1.3
By the way: The command "/etc/init.d/screenconnect restart" doesn't work on our SC-server. We have to run these commands:
service screenconnect stop
kill -9 'pgrep screenconnect'
service screenconnect start
No update ont this. We're still restarting the daemon if this error happens.
Customer support service by UserEcho