Your comments

I think connectwise removed the linux reports from the main bug portal so this small bunch of annoying people won’t show up all the time and just be in the way with this stupid “portal is not responding” stuff. It looks like no one reads these messages but at least we can talk to each other…:)

I’m lucky because I still have a working 19.4 instance I can go back to, but sometimes I think about the major security issue if my version has is or not.

we should get the hint

it hang again, after a couple of hours, here is a top screenshot:

there is nothing in the log

Hi,

Here is the relevant part of the log. The first entry is the service stop before the upgrade. The system stopped responding after about an hour but no sign of the problem here.

Event (2020/12/08 10:46:06.900 +01:00, ScreenConnect Web Server, Information): Stopping service...

Event (2020/12/08 10:46:07.038 +01:00, ScreenConnect Web Server, Information): Stopped service.

Event (2020/12/08 10:46:07.039 +01:00, ScreenConnect Relay, Information): Stopping service...

Sending SIGKILL.

Event (2020/12/08 10:56:19.264 +01:00, ScreenConnect Session Manager, Information): Starting service...

Event (2020/12/08 10:56:20.264 +01:00, ScreenConnect Session Manager, Information): Successfully started service.

Event (2020/12/08 10:56:20.264 +01:00, ScreenConnect Relay, Information): Starting service...

Event (2020/12/08 10:56:20.862 +01:00, ScreenConnect Relay, Information): Successfully started service.

Event (2020/12/08 10:56:20.862 +01:00, ScreenConnect Web Server, Information): Starting service...

Event (2020/12/08 10:56:51.700 +01:00, ScreenConnect Web Server, Information): Successfully started service.


Interestingly today I left the server without a service restart after it hang and after some time it has recovered and at this moment I can access it again but I don’t know for how long.

One more thing I experienced, the upgrade from 19.4 fails with the following error, I need an intermediate step:


The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded.

It should have been installed in the `/root/monoInstall/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll' directory.

License is not eligible to be upgraded to this version

debian jessie here and having exactly the same experience. in the last let say six month I upgraded my install at least 10 times with different version just revert back to the working 19.4

I tried 20.2 for two days, it was fast, didn't need any web.conf modification to work with nginx proxy /just had to comment out the host line/ but after some time it slowed down, for some reason the mono processes started to consume the cpu. The symptoms were the same as with the memory leak but htop showed a different kind of problem.

v19.4 was the last really stable version for me,

This might be the reason for the slowdown, I have hundreds of lines like these:

today I experienced a server slowdown again with 19.6, I didn’t had the time to investigate so I just went back to 19.5 if the problem comes back then I still have a backup of a perfectly working 19.4 install.

by the way the linux versions of 19.6 are gone from the download page.

great, the RelayAddressableUri line helped, thanks!