Waiting for information

Sluggish Performance after upgrade to 6.2

Beau Poor 5 years ago updated 5 years ago 4

We upgraded this weekend from ScreenConnect_6.0.11622.6115_Release to ScreenConnect_6.2.12963.6312_Release.

Since the upgrade, the performance has been really sluggish. As an example, when selecting All Machines, it sometimes takes > 15 minutes to load. I've tried it on multiple browsers with the same result. The browsers memory usage expands past 3GB with only this tab open.

Please let me know what information I can provide to assist in solving this issue.

ConnectWise Control Version:
Server Affected:
Host Client Affected:
Guest Client Affected:
Waiting for information

Good morning Beau,

Thank you for posting this information. I've been investigating another host page performance-related issue after upgrading to 6.2, and was hoping you might be able to provide some additional information about your environment:

1) Are you using an on-premise (self-hosted) instance of Control? If so, what are you server specs: CPU, RAM, disk type (HDD/SSD), operating system?

2) How many access sessions are listed under the All Machines group?

3) What extensions do you have installed on your instance?

4) On what browser have you observed the 15 minute load time? What version of this browser are you using? Does the > 15 minute load time persist across multiple browsers?

5) If possible, can you record a timeline snapshot on your host page using the Chrome Timeline tool (a 15 second recording should be sufficient)? If so, what is the JS Heap size, node count, and listener count reported by the timeline tool?



  1. Yes, we self-host Control on an Azure VM.
    1. CPU: AMD Opteron 4171 HE 2.10Ghz
    2. RAM: 4GB
    3. Disk Type: Unsure, it's a virtual HD on azure.
    4. Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
  2. We have a lot, 8744 at the moment. This is a lot of sessions but it loaded fine under the old version
  3. Command Toolbox, Edit App.Config Settings, Guest Full Installer Builder, Guest Session Starter
  4. Edge and Chrome. Latest version of each. Yes. At this point, I'm not sure if it ever loads at all. I let it go nearly 20 minutes yesterday before closing the tab.
  5. JS Heap: 66.3MB Node Count: 191,924 Listeners 107,025

Please let me know if there is anything else I can get for you to help.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I rebooted the server yesterday and the problem still exists.

Thank you for updating the thread with that information.

With 8700+ access sessions, your implementation would likely benefit from increasing the server's resource pool. Increasing the server's RAM and updating the disk type to SSD would likely result in a noticeable performance improvement. If you know the series identifier of your Azure VM, the following site indicates if your VM uses a HDD or SSD (based on the provided specs, I'm guessing you're using either the Standard_A2_v2 or Standard_A2 series VM):


That being said, I would be happy to take a closer look at your server if you'd like.



I don't disagree, we could probably benefit from scaling the server up. I tried to load All Machines and monitored the server through New Relic and in real-time on the server but nothing seemed to be hitting resource caps. The disk I/O wasn't maxed. The only thing that came even remotely close was the CPU Utilization.

However, I see this as treating the symptom, not the cause. As I stated, selecting All Machines worked fine before the upgrade to 6.2. I don't want to double or triple my monthly server costs if it's something that can be fixed through software, especially if it's an issue other customers are reporting with this upgrade (which you indicated in your original reply).

I will go ahead and schedule a support session for a review of the server performance. I'm also open to allowing your development team to run any sort of logging or debugging on my server so long as it does not affect normal operation of the software.