0
Fixed

Administration Audit crashes with application exception

Ziv 3 years ago updated by Ben Burner 3 years ago 5

Clicking on the "Audit" option tab in the administration error causes an immediate crash. This is immediately after an upgrade to 6.4 on Linux, previously the audit function worked just fine.


After changing the customerrors setting to show the error details it's now displayed as:


System.Web.HttpException

Unable to map input type control to a Type.

Description: HTTP 500.Error processing request.

Details: Error processing request.

Exception stack trace:

at System.Web.UI.RootBuilder.LookupHtmlControls (System.String tagName, IDictionary attribs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Web.UI.RootBuilder.GetChildControlType (System.String tagName, IDictionary attribs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateSubBuilder (System.String tagid, IDictionary atts, System.Type childType, System.Web.UI.TemplateParser parser, ILocation location) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Web.Compilation.AspGenerator.ProcessTag (ILocation location, System.String tagid, System.Web.Compilation.TagAttributes atts, TagType tagtype, System.Boolean& ignored) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0



ConnectWise Control Version:
1
Server Affected:
Host Client Affected:
Guest Client Affected:

Answer

Answer
Fixed

This behavior is resolved in version 6.4 of ConnectWise Control.

Started

Good morning and thank you for reporting this behavior.


We had previously registered an issue with development regarding this, and found that the mono runtime packaged with Control needed to be updated in order to handle HTML 5 input types.


The fix for this behavior is working its way through QA now. In the meantime, please refer to the following forum post for details on how to implement a workaround that should allow the Audit tab to load on 6.4:


http://forum.screenconnect.com/yaf_postst10828_Audit-page-error--after-update-to-6-4.aspx


Regards,

Ben

Thanks. I updated to the latest 6.4 build (6.4.15361.6527) and while the page no longer crashes upon hitting "Query Audit Log" the date fields are cleared (to "from mm/dd...") and no data is returned. It doesn't seem to manner what date range is requested whether it's the default one month or some other period.


If I hack the audit.ascx again and change fields back to "text" type then audit search works again so it seems the date type input is not fully supported somewhere.


Thanks

Started

Good morning Ziv,


I found that the behavior you describe occurs when querying the audit log of a mono server in Chrome and Edge (the query fails to load the expected content and the from/to inputs are cleared to mm/dd/yyyy...); however, the query completes as expected when conducted via Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.


In any case, I have registered a follow-up bug report that documents the newly observed behavior, and development is investigating.


Cheers,

Ben

Answer
Fixed

This behavior is resolved in version 6.4 of ConnectWise Control.

Commenting disabled