Welcome to the ConnectWise View Bug Report Forum
If you do not have an account, click "Sign in/ Sign up" to get started.
ConnectWise View gives a knowledgeable expert the ability to connect to a field tech's or customer's mobile device camera. Ultimately, these "experts" will be able to see what's going on and assist the technician/customer without having to travel offsite.
Below are a few tips and rules for those who wish to participate, please read through them.
- Search for an existing bug report before adding your own. This helps us prevent duplicate entries and improve bug tracking.
- If you find a matching bug report, give it a thumbs up and throw in a comment with more details about the problem.
- If you can't find a request for an item you need, create your own bug report.
- Provide as many details as you can, especially:
- Platform (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Connection (WiFi or Mobile Data)
- Mobile device OS, model, etc.
- Browser(s) used
- No spam, advertising, or self-promotion.
- No offensive posts, links, or images.
- Only one request per post.
- Administrators have the ability to moderate the forums, including editing, deleting, and moving posts. Posts may be deleted for any reason, with or without notification.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
I'm a laptop user, and often use a second monitor. Control launches onto the second monitor fine. When I unplug my second monitor, and just use laptop screen, some sessions launch beyond the display size of my laptop, ie where a second screen would be, and you cannot get to the window to move back onto the single laptop screen.
I can launch ConnectWise View from my browser (option is available), however other users inside of my ConnectWise Console cannot (No Option Available). What permission level does a user need to create a View Session? It would be nice to have a toggle box for this permission so it can be assigned to non-technical user accounts that just need this feature.
Whenver I take a snapshot, the video feed freezes both on the operator's side and the cameraperson's side.
Then, after a few moments, the operator's screen shows "negotiating connection with cameraperson".
Then, after that, "the cameraperson has left the session" even though the smartphone browser shows it's still streaming (albeit frozen).
So, ultimately, taking a snapshot terminates the feed.
Edit #1: I've done more testing and it appears that taking colorful snapshots freezes the feed, but taking bland ones does not.
By "bland" I mean something like the image I've attached at the bottom of this post.
The smartphone is an iPhone 11 on the latest iOS using Safari.
Edit #2: After more testing, it seems I can take snapshots without any hitches if I switch to low resolution.
So I should redefine the bug as: "on the default high resolution, taking all but the most bland snapshots freezes the feed".
on android 9.1 huawei p30 pro connectwize 19.3 or 19.2 no possible to working the mouse refresh no good and screen garbage refresh problem i try send video
Customer support service by UserEcho