For on-site services, I normally require my customers to sign a legal disclaimer that basically says "Hey your system is already messed up. I'll do my best to fix it, but sometimes things may happen that are beyond my control which could result in data loss etc. I limit my liability to refund of services provided" (got the document from Technibbles Computer Business Kit).
I'd like the option to display such a legal disclaimer, and require clients to type their full and and click "I agree" for select sessions. Don't want it on all sessions as most of my sessions are for existing clients who have already signed the agreement. But an option when creating a new session to require the agreement would be great for new clients that I take care of remotely without meeting on-site first.
Ideas to be in the agreement:
- I am the owner of this system or authorized to request this assistance
- My data is backed up, and I understand a risk of data loss for non-backed up data
- The system is already broken, hardware may be failing, may not be fixable
- Liability is limited to refund of services provided
- Payment due immediately after service is completed
- Screen and input may be disabled as part of repair process
- This software provides full access of the machine, including personal documents etc.
- I will not access any personal document beyond what is required to provide the services
- Warranty for services provided is XX days, warranty is limited to serviced issues/areas and is not all-inclusive of any new problems you may have during the warranty period.
Customer support service by UserEcho