Welcome to the ConnectWise Control Feature Request Portal
If you do not have an account, click "Sign in/ Sign up" to get started.
- Search for an existing improvement or feature request before adding your own. This helps us prevent duplicate entries and track all suggestions.
- If you find a matching request, give it a thumbs up and throw in a comment.
- If you can't find a request for an item you need, create your own request. Provide as many details as you can, especially regarding possible use cases.
- No spam, advertising, or self-promotion.
- No offensive posts, links, or images.
- Only one request per post.
- Administrators have the ability to moderate the forums, including editing, deleting, and moving posts. Posts may be deleted for any reason, with or without notification.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
this might already be in the works but did not see it. It would be nice to be able to open up the devices C drive without connecting to the device. to copy and paste files in the back ground.
Older graphics cards restrict screen resolution. This is not a problem with the Microsoft Terminal Services client which uses a virtual driver and can display much higher resolutions.
make the commands tab a full-interactive PowerShell
would like to send multi-line commands
When you connect to a server the screen resolution can be quite small and there is no way to change the default window size, having the ability to change or set a default connection resolution size or control it in the session would be very helpful, it is very frustrating when you are viewing a sever at 800x600 when you have 1920 x 1080 monitor.
Partner would like an additional field added to the General tab of the guest machine on the Host page that displays the local IP address of the machine (in addition to the current Network IP address that pulls from the inbound traffic).
Be able to apply App.Config files or settings based on the Session Group(s) a computer is in.
With LetEncrypt now in production It will be an ansome feature if ScreenConnect woukd support it strait at install.
you could offert ssl support out of the box for all client raising the security of your application and reducing the effort for end user to set it up.
We would like to have the option to add a password to protect the screen connect client from being uninstalled by users with local admin privileges. I have found that when the client is installed from labtech, users don't recognize it and tend to remove it. This causes problems with the labtech SC plugin.
Look at this thread on the forums, no one likes the new name "Control". The only way to get it changed away from this horrible name is to upvote this feature request. Either change it back to ScreenConnect, or call it something else like Connect, just not a name that implies a negative connotation. Please. This was really a bad idea to change the name.
Our situation :
We have 3 offices in Canada (HQ, A, B)
HQ-A have MPLS link between them,
HQ-B use VPN over internet.
All location have independent internet access.
We use access session on all system in all location, but the relay is located in the HQ.
1 DNS name to the server that resolve to an external IP when out of the local infrastructure and an internal IP when inside the infrastructure.
- This way system on our internal network dont use the public internet access, it more secure, reduce the global bandwitch and load on our front end firewall.
The issue, if the inter-site link go down, the access session will not be able to connect, as the DNS will still resolve to the internal IP, resulting in disconnection.
Our need, be able to setup 2 URL for the a access session, as such when the 1st is irresponsible the client can try connecting to the second one, with a retest every X to go back to primary.
With this we could setup our client with a internal URL as primary and an external URL as secondary and still reach our system if the VPN or MPLS go down, but not the internet.
Customer support service by UserEcho