+41
Completed

Show private IP and MAC in web info panel

Crosby Loggins 7 years ago updated by lavoietl 5 years ago 26

Although it's obviously possible to obtain this information via the remote console, it would be very helpful if the web portal general info tab included the private IPs and associated MAC addresses of Internet connected interfaces on the remote machine.

The public IP is nice, but private would be more immediately useful in most cases. And most PSAs and RMMs require the MAC and or Serial of remote machines for database sync purposes...

Better yet, give us the ability to customize what info is displayed there through scripting, etc maybe?

Thanks!!

+3

I agree, the private internal IP and MAC address as optional fields to be displayed would be very useful.

I saw another request where someone came up with the code for on-prem extension, so this can be done.

Please incorporate into the cloud based panel.

Thanks great product!

+1

We need this information too. Thank you

+1

We can really use this upgrade, maybe use the IP in order to search for a device as well. Thanks!

+1

Please add this update! So helpfull!

+1

Awesome idea! Please work on it!.

+1

As there must always be a Stark in Winterfell, there must always be a private IP on SreenConnect.

+1

Yes completely agree

+1 for this. The one we thing we have all always wanted!

+1

+1 for this, Is good option for tech.

+1

+1 from me. This would save a lot of time.

+1

I'm looking for the same features!

+1

+1 With the NIC type (wireless, ethernet card, ....)

I'm also looking for the same features!

This would come in really handy.

We would really like to sort by the private IP.  PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE!!!

+2

Hi All,

I wanted to pass along an update :) We're progressively working to get this rolled into 7.0

Here is a preview of what's to come.

https://controlforum.connectwise.com/yaf_topics9_Output-Stream.aspx

WOW! This is great! FINALLY! Thank you for the update Kristen

This looks good. I really like the graph for memory. It would be nice to have a graph for CPU utilization as well. 

Can you also add a section for Security to include:

• Windows Firewall status
  • Anti-Virus
  • Anti-Malware

To the Network section add:

• DHCP Status
  • Default Gateway
  • DNS Server

var commandText = "$computer = get-wmiobject win32_computersystem | select Manufacturer, Model, Domain" + "\n" +
                    "$bios = get-wmiobject win32_bios | select Name, SerialNumber" + "\n" +
                    "$av = get-wmiobject -Namespace \"root/SecurityCenter2\" -Class AntiVirusProduct | select displayName" + "\n" +
                    "$as = get-wmiobject -Namespace \"root/SecurityCenter2\" -Class AntiSpywareProduct | select displayName" + "\n" +
                    "$network = get-wmiobject Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration |Where {$_.ipaddress -notlike $null}| select DHCPEnabled, DHCPServer,IPAddress, DefaultIPGateway" + "\n" +
                    "write-output $computer.Manufacturer, $computer.Model, $bios.Name, $bios.SerialNumber, $computer.Domain, $network.DHCPEnabled, $network.DHCPServer, $network.IPAddress, $network.DefaultIPGateway, $av.displayName, $as.displayName| ConvertTo-Xml -As Stream";

Thank you.

Hey EBell,

Thank you for the feedback. We can definitely consider adding those additional fields down the road, but for us to do that we'll need you to create a separate request. 

+1

Kirsten, understood. A new request has been added for this information.

Any ETA that on when that will be available?

Hi lavoietl,

6.8 stable will be out in the next week or so, and we'll have a 6.9 build before 7.0, so I'd say, because holidays and such, plan to see this sometime towards the end of the year into the next.

It's a beautiful thing. I can confirm that this info is now displayed in 2019 (successor to 6.9,x)

Is this only available in non stable versions?